Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Morning Breakfast

The Most Delicious Cinnamon French Toast Casserole

A BIG GIANT SHOUT OUT TO LINSEY FOR THIS RECIPE. IT IS A FMILY FAVORITE, THANKS FOR FINDING IT SIS!

12 C Texas Toast (1 loaf) -- cubed
8 eggs-- beaten
2 1/2 C milk
6 TBSP butter -- melted
1/4 C sugar
2 TBSP cinnamon

Combine sugar and cinnamon. Butter a 9x13 pan add 1/2 of bread cubes and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon and sugar mix. Repeat. Combine eggs, milk, and slightly cooled butter. Pour egg mixture over bread. Press bread until it is soaked through. Cover and chill for 2-24 hours. Bake at 325 for 35-45 minutes. Serve with buttermilk syrup and raspberry sauce drizzled over the warm french toast.

Buttermilk Syrup

1/2 C buttermilk
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
Bring ingredients to a boil. Stirring constantly let boil for a couple of minutes. Add 1 tsp vanilla. Let sit for at least 1 hour. You can make it up ahead of time and then just barely reheat it in the microwave.

Raspberry Sauce

10 oz of frozen raspberries in syrup
1 TBSP lemon juice

Blend together, and if you want to take the time, strain through a sieve to get out the seeds. Also if you only have plain raspberries just put them in a pot with some sugar and let them cook down a little.
I like to put my syrups in those clear plastic condiment bottles then it is really easy to drizzle over your french toast! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

kyle and linsey said...

I'm pretty sure I deserve props for this recipe....I don't have many but when I do and it makes your blog....come on now!

McCandless Co. said...

Thanks ! Hey just a little tweeking on the buttermilk syrup I add just a touch of Baking Soda and it gets all frothy and yummy....I never did it when I first made the recipe, but I now find that I really love it this way.