Wednesday, May 21, 2008

OPA!

Last night was Greek night at our dinner table. We enjoyed some leg of lamb along with a great side dish I wanted to share. I just kind of made this up and I never measure anything so just give this a go and season it to your liking. My kids loved this!! Just a side note, I bought the Israeli couscous in the bulk section of the Good Food Store in Missoula, MT...I sure miss that place!

Mediterranean Couscous

1 C Israeli Couscous
English cucumber -- small dice
grape tomatoes -- cut in half
1 can of olives -- black or kalamata
3 TBSP crumbled feta
olive oil
red wine vinegar
salt & pepper
1 small lemon --juiced
Pampered Chef Greek Seasoning mix or
fresh or dried oregano or other herbs

Bring 2 C water to a boil. Add couscous, turn down to med and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse. Let cool. Add cukes, tomatoes, and olives. Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, a little red wine vinegar and squeeze of lemon. Add seasonings to taste. Mix and top with feta. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mark Justin Josephs said...

Sounds great. Going to try it! We love cooking...