Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Breadsticks

These are the most delicious breadsticks, and so easy to make! There a favorite recipe from my Missoula Recipe Group days.

Breadsticks Recipe:



1 TBSP Yeast

1 1/2 C warm water

2 TBSP Sugar

1/2 tsp salt

3-4 C flour

1/2 C butter



Dissolve yeast, water, and sugar in mixing bowl. Let double. Combine salt and flour. Add to wet. Mix and knead for at least 3 minutes. Let dough rest for 10-20minutes. Melt butter. Spread half of butter on a cookie sheet. Then roll out dough on to that. Spread the rest of the butter on the top of the dough. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt, or italian seasonings, whatever you like. Using a pizz cutter cut in breadsticks. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey Summer! I recently discovered your recipe blog and I'm loving it. We tried these breadsticks last night and they are sooo good! The same day that you posted the Cafe Rio recipes, I had just made one that I found online. Pretty similar and very tasty. By the way, you asked for my e-mail awhile back - lindsey.guisti@gmail.com. Hope you're doing well. See you Sunday!

Jen Barnes said...

Summer, love the recipes. I've always wanted you to do this! Okay, I know I am always full of requests. When you have time... ha ha... I would love your chicken cordon bleu recipe (and I think there are some weird things with that you will have to explain where to get - like panko flakes or something) and how do you cook your fingerling potatoes? I just cooked them like my roasted potatoes with dried onion mix on and I cooked them at too high a temp. Hope to see you guys soon!