Monday, October 19, 2009

Hot Cocoa Mix


Hot Cocoa Mix
4 1/2 C Nestle Quick
3 1/2 C creamer
2 C powdered sugar
11 C instant powdered milk
3/4 tsp salt
Mix together. To serve mix 1/3 C cocoa mix to 1 C hot water.
Variations:
For different flavors add part plain creamer and part flavored creamer, i.e. vanilla, mint, hazelnut, whatever you like!
Mexican Hot Chocolate:
Add cinnamon to the mix.
Hot Cocoa Stir Sticks
Peppermint Softmint Sticks
Milk Chocolate
Melt chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave on med heat. Stir until smooth. Dip sticks in chocolate about 2/3 way up. Place on wax paper or parchment lined baking sheet and let cool. Package in cellophane treat bags. Enjoy!
Spiced Cider Mix
2-3 C Country Time Lemonade Drink Mix
1 C Tang
1 TBSP Crystal Light cranberry drink crystals
1/2-1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 TBSP cloves
This is one of those recipes where I just tossed together ingredients until it tasted right to me. So you may choose to adjust some of the amounts.
To prepare, mix 1 tsp cider mix with 1 C hot apple juice or cider.
I packaged all of the drink mixes in tea tins I found at SpecialtyBottle.com. By the way if you are a friend or neighbor, no stealing this idea. The pregnant girl wants this easy treat for Christmas giving this year!!

3 comments:

Carrie Godfrey said...

where did you get your cute containers??

Unknown said...

Yes, your containers are darling and your food is delicious! Where may I find the similar items?

Unknown said...

I can't remember where I got the containers! I will let you know if I remember!